My favorite chai tea transformed into a soft, frosted, date-sweet bread cake and is the perfect sweet treat.
I made the frosting from cashews! Yeah I said it, cashews!!!
12 pitted medjool dates
1 cup prepared chai tea
1 1/4 cup oat flour
¼ cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup nondairy milk
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Pour the chai tea over the dates and soak for 10 minutes. Blend the chai tea, dates, lemon juice, non-dairy milk, and vanilla on high until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix briefly.
4. Add the date mixture. Stir to combine.
5. Lightly oil or line a loaf pan and pour in your batter, smoothing out the top.
6. Bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees.
7. Cool completely before frosting and slicing. Keep in the fridge. It is best fresh and will dry out over time.